Hello everyone, hope you are having a good weekend! Thank you to everyone who joined me on my Facebook Live yesterday, where we made a birthday box for a set of Derwent Pencils. This gorgeous box fits a tin of 6 Derwent pencils, a lovely gift for any occasion.
This project heavily features the Playing with Patterns suite using the Designer Series Paper, a ribbon from the combo pack & the Resin Dots. I kept the box simple, letting the decoration speak for itself. The paper pattern I chose allowed me to use one of five colours, so I went with Coastal Cabana.
The ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment from the Many Mates stamp set fits nicely into the 2″ circle, leaving room for some embellishments and a pretty to finish off the decoration. My daughter was very pleased with the end product, gifting the box to one of her friends.
What do you think?
- Cardstock = 111/4 x 71/4 inches
- Designer Series Paper = 2 pieces 41/4 x 23/8 inches
- Scraps of Coastal Cabana & Whisper White for the sentiment
- Long Side (111/4”): ½, 11/4, 10, 103/4 inches
- Short Side (71/4): ½, 11/4, 37/8, 45/8 inches